At Van Metre Companies, we care about our individual properties and our local community as a whole. We are committed to ensuring the well-being of our tenants, customers and our employees. Please see below for the most up-to-date procedures.
What is Van Metre doing during the COVID-19 outbreak?
Throughout our 65 years of serving greater Northern Virginia, you’ve trusted us to keep the highest level of safety and that will continue.
With that as our guide, and in response to the current COVID-19 pandemic, we wanted to give you an update on how we’re staying on top of public safety throughout our company. We will continue to follow updates and protocols suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), local Departments of Public Health, and the World Health Organization to best ensure the safety of our customers, team, and community.
We’re consistently emphasizing the importance of the health and well-being of our team members. Rest assured, we’ll be taking care of our team and ensuring their pay through this uncertain time.
As always, we’re thankful for your patience and the privilege to serve you.
To learn more about what Van Metre is doing in the community during this time, click here.
MOST UP-TO-DATE INFORMATION, AS OF: April 16, 7:49 am
• All Van Metre Leasing Offices will be exclusively virtual and open by appointment only until further notice.
• The leasing staff will go to a limited schedule and will rotate their days to cover the communities.
• In an effort to continue to keep our communities and employees safe and healthy, we will be conducting only Emergency Maintenance requests until further notice. Please visit the resident portal for a list of Emergency requests.
GENERAL STEPS BEING TAKEN:
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting high touch surface areas and high traffic common areas. This includes railings, elevator buttons, door handles, light switches, water fountains, and counter tops.
• All disinfectants used are EPA preferred and hospital grade products.
• We have communicated to all Van Metre employees the importance of taking proper precautions, including regular hand washing, covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing, and staying home from work if feeling ill. Van Metre Apartments has provided information from the CDC on COVID-19 to all employees. We also have instituted a policy for supplemental sick leave to ensure that employees who are sick have the support to not return to work until healthy.
• Any Van Metre employee, vendor or other party who is demonstrating signs of illness (fever, cough, trouble breathing, etc.), is not permitted in the community or in the Van Metre offices. This policy has already been implemented.